Sunday, January 9, 2011

Maybe The Small Things Really Do Matter

Alright, it's been a while since I last blogged and... I miss it/I am kind of overwhelmed with things i want to blog about. So here I will start by telling you about my Christmas Vacation.
First off I love Christmas, because it's a time where I get to stay home with family, feel the spirit/increase of love, escape from reality of growing up and enjoy lives precious moments.
So like you, I have been bombarded with the questions: Did you have a good break? What'd you do? What was your favorite part? sometimes I feel like we give the common small talk answers to these questions but, I was determined to think up good answers to these questions this year because I wanted my answers to express the uniqueness of  my vacation. So I started thinking about my break and you wanna know something.. my favorite parts of vacations are the little things, that I wish I had pictures of, but end up making the experience for me.

So you want to know my favorite parts of the break?
  •  My Sisters sleeping in my room every night and us watching a movie on my laptop..yes this was every night.
  • Girls Day At Gardner Village spent shopping and purchasing delicious treats
  • Going out to Dinner and Movies with the family
  • Working At JSMB...I love the people there and meeting new people is great, It's one of the few places where I can fully be myself and make great friends.
  • The JSMB Christmas party
  • Singing as a family at Grandmas House on Christmas Eve
  • Opening presents/ watching presents get opened.
  • Playing Just Dance II with the Whole Family
  • Eating Pumpkin Roll
  • Getting the best of both worlds.. meaning i got to spend time with family/friends in bountiful and Amy..one of my bestest friends in the entire world.. and her family in WV/FL..
  • Seeing Amy's face at the airport.
  • 6 people spending the night in 1 hotel room: 2 people on the floor, Amy's mom talking the night away, and one person snoring..best night ever..really though, so funny!
  • Realizing, after holding a wet rag on it, Amy hadn't pulled the backing off of her WV tattoo so it wasn't going to work
  • Witnessing my first real fist fight at a football game.
  • Seeing palm trees
  • Holding a baby alligator and enjoying an air boat ride.
  • Seeing real life grills on a black guy.
  • Playing the ABC game with the DeLawder's while waiting in line for rides.
  • Getting Wet on the Jurassic Park ride. 
  • Meeting Lady..amy's dog
  • Making man rolls and meeting Amy's friends
  • Hearing Amy's grandma say: "Smile, Amy".
  • Sleepovers with Amy..just like old times.  
  • Spending 11 dollars on butterbear/ the cup
  • Sunday Dinner/Dance night at Jonny and Rach's house.
  • Playing with my sweet nieces.





  
The break was so so great to me!!  I know that these wonderful blessings I was given during the break came from my loving father in heaven. I hope your Christmas Break was as wonderful as mine and that you are able to find the small things that really make your vacations/breaks an experience to remember! 

Mucho Amor



No comments:

Post a Comment